Monday, March 26, 2012

Long Time Gone

I looked at the last time I posted and, sheesh, it's been six months. A lot can happen in six months, and for me, it has.

Here's the laundry list of stuff (reely, not excuses) that's occurred since I last wrote, my dear readers:
  • I started my Master's degree in Information Systems at Drexel (http://www.ischool.drexel.edu/).
  • A dear friend of mine succumbed to terminal cancer--this took a great deal of time for me to process because of the good talks we shared during his illness.
  • I left my part-time work in non-profit and took on full-time contract work in electronic records management.
  • I learned a lot more about managing the household that I still plan to unhousehold from. (More on that in a future post).
  • My girl Justi turned 12 in February (see photo;)
  • I learned how to make my own peanut butter, grow my own sprouts, and experience other fun food creations (Content for future posts, I promise).
  • I just went to a lecture on straw bale gardening (Future post in the works).
So, it doesn't seem like a lot but I guess it was more of a sea change. I became more resilient and more resourceful.  The process of figuring out how to be be more self-sufficient continues to give me courage. I'm still a householder who's still pursuing minimalism and independence...but I'm enjoying the process.

 And I want to take you along. Welcome back!

Justi sur la plage (Justi at the beach!)

No comments: